UNLOCK EXTRA FEATURES
FREE DVR STORAGE
Once you add an external hard drive to your DVR, you have the ability to transfer recordings from one HD DVR receiver on your account to another, or you can store your favorite shows and movies on your external hard drive to free up your DVR storage space. This feature is free and makes upgrading your TV experience easy and affordable.
Compatible HD DVR receivers include ViP 612, 622, 722, 722k, 922, and Hopper.
ADD DVR SERVICE
An external hard drive can also be used to turn your HD Non-DVR receiver into an HD DVR. Once you purchase an external hard drive, call us at 800-333-DISH (800-333-3474) to activate your DVR service. One-time $40 activation fee applies.
Compatible HD receivers include ViP 211, 211k, and 211z.
DISH FEATURED EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE
My Book 2 TB External Hard Drive
Fill your External Hard Drive with all your favorite movies and TV shows.
- Instantly add 240 HD hours to your DVR
- Free up storage space on your DISH HD DVR
- Transfer recordings from one HD DVR to another receiver on your account
- Compact & small enough to fit in your entertainment center
Promo Price $99.99
Regular Price $109.99
Save $10 plus Free Shipping
OTHER COMPATIBLE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVES
While most major manufacturers' external hard drives are compatible, keep in mind the following guidelines when purchasing an external hard drive:
- The external hard drive should be no smaller than 50 GB and no larger than 2 TB
- The external hard drive must have its own power supply
- The external hard drive must support USB 2.0
- The external hard drive must not use flash memory and should only be a single-hard disk drive
Already have an external hard drive? Visit our Support section to learn more about how to set it up and get started!
How to Use Your External Hard Drive