Watch On Demand Content or Order Pay-Per-View Events with DISH
Take advantage of our On Demand library and gain access to thousands of movies and shows! Browse movies included with your subscription, movies for rent or for purchase, kids’ shows, and more.
This article contains the following:
Watch or Rent Movies and Shows On Demand
With an Internet or Phone Line Connected DVR Receiver
On Demand content can be accessed directly from your internet or phone line connected DVR receiver. Open the Guide and navigate to channels 1 or 501-535 to browse all current movie titles available for rent. When you’re ready to rent a title, follow the onscreen prompts or see below for alternate ways to order.
For rentals made on channels 502-535, you will be able to watch all remaining showtimes from 5am ET today until 5am ET tomorrow morning.
To browse free movies and TV shows in addition to content available for rent or purchase, navigate to channel 300. You can also press the MENU button on your remote once or press the HOME button twice (depending on your remote), then select the On Demand tile.
A minimum connection speed of 1.5 Mbps is recommended to download content On Demand.
With a Non-DVR Receiver
To watch On Demand content with a non-DVR receiver, open the Guide and browse channels 502-535 to select content available for rent, then follow the onscreen prompts.
You will be able to watch all remaining showtimes of the chosen movie airing from 5am ET today until 5am ET tomorrow morning.
Watch Pay-Per-View Sporting Events
Pay-Per-View sporting events can be purchased directly through your receiver, no internet or phone line connection required. To pre-order an event, check out channels 471-474 or take a look at our Sports and Events page to see all upcoming featured events.
Looking for seasonal sports packages like MLB Extra Innings, NHL Center Ice, or NBA League Pass? Explore seasonal packages.
Movie rental certificates can be used on channel 1 and 501-535. There are many ways to redeem a movie certificate, to learn more, visit How to Use Movie Rental Certificates.
Alternate Ways to Order On Demand Content
To order content on channels 1 and 501 by means other than your TV, choose from the following options:
- Online: Go to the Order On Demand page and enter the movie's Order ID
- Phone: Call 877-347-4778 and enter the channel number and movie's Order ID
- Text Message: Text MOVIE to 34741 and enter the Order ID
- MyDISH App: Download the MyDISH App and select "Movies & Events" on the SERVICES tab, and enter the movie's Order ID
To order content on channels 502-535 by means other than your TV, choose from the following options:
- Online: Go to the Order Pay-Per-View and Movies page
- Phone: Call 877-347-4778 and follow the voice instructions
- Text Message: Text MOVIE to 34741 and follow the text instructions
- MyDISH App: Download the MyDISH App and select "Movies & Events" on the SERVICES tab