Standard Install vs. Custom Install
If, at the time of the appointment, the technician determines that the work required to restore your system is due to the movement of a TV, receiver, or dish, custom work charges may apply.
- You will receive an order confirmation email with appointment date and arrival window (if an accurate email address is provided).
- You will receive a reminder call the evening prior to the appointment.
- You will receive an updated arrival time by phone on the day of appointment.
- You will review the order and setup plan with the DISH Network technician at the start of the appointment, prior to the start of any installation work.
- Dish will be mounted on outside wall, balcony or roof to achieve best line of sight (dish must generally face to the south).
- Dish will be mounted on pole (up to five feet) if necessary. A second appointment would be required after utility lines are marked.
- Burying more than 50' of cable for pole mount or other purposes (as measured from dish to point of entry into home).
- Relocating dish due to request (aesthetics, new roof, construction, etc.) after setup and appointment is complete.
- DISH-approved RG-6 coax cable will be run from dish to receiver(s) up to 150'.
- Once inside the home, cabling may be run through attics or unfinished basements to the receiver outlet.
- Any installed exposed cabling will be neatly dressed
- Running cable from dish to receiver(s) greater than 150'.
- Fishing cable beyond what is required to route cable from the attic/unfinished basement to the receiver outlet.
- Each receiver will be connected to one TV. If a Duo receiver is installed, each tuner will be connected to one TV.
- HD receiver will be connected to HD TV using HDMI cable.
- Receiver will be connected to broadband or phone line.
- Receivers will be activated.
- Mirroring TVs (connect more than one TV per tuner).
- Relocating receiver due to request (aesthetics, remodel, construction, etc.) after setup and appointment is complete.
- Re-cabling to a relocated TV (moved based on aesthetics, remodel, construction, etc.) after setup and appointment is complete.
- Configuring changes to home stereo system, custom remotes or other equipment (see Ancillary Services).
- Each DISH remote control will be programmed to applicable DISH receiver and TV.
- A Getting Started with DISH Guide, including 20 minute training will be provided.
- All work sites will be cleaned up, including removal of boxes and packaging.
- All paperwork will be reviewed.