The Pathway X2 is a portable dish that supports satellite locations 119, 110, and 129, or 77, 72.7, and 61.5.
The Pathway X2 can be set up for a one- or two-receiver solution, but will only be able to see satellite 72.7 when in that mode. See the "Viewing Programming" section below for more details.
Setting Up the Pathway X2
Follow these simple steps to connect your Pathway X2 and receiver(s):
- Connect one end of the supplied RG-6 coax cable to the "MAIN" port on the Pathway X2
- If using cables wired in the RV, they may already have an exterior portable satellite input that leads to the main cabinet for TV electronics where the receiver will go. The ports there may be labeled as "SAT in" port or "Portable SAT in".
- Place the Pathway X2 in position outside where you have a clear line of sight
- Connect the other end of the RG-6 coax cable to the receiver
- If connecting directly to the receiver, use the SATELLITE IN port
- If using RV set up, connect your receiver to the internal electronic cabinet
- Connect your receiver to the TV
- Connect via HDMI cables, component cables, etc.
- Plug the TV and the receiver into power
- The receiver requires a 110 volt AC power source
- The Pathway X2 draws power from the receiver through the coax cable
- If your TV is rated greater than 100 watts, it may require direct connection to the vehicle battery. If you are watching TV from your vehicle for more than a few hours, periodically run your vehicle to maintain battery life. Starting your vehicle may temporarily shut off power and require re-setup of the Pathway X2.
- For extended use, a portable power generator, power pack, or alternative accessory battery is recommended
- Make sure your TV is on the correct input to see the DISH picture
- The Portable/Mobile Antenna Setup Screen should display
- If this does not happen, connect the coaxial cable directly from the Tailgater antenna to your HD receiver and unplug the receiver’s power cable for 60 seconds before reconnecting. It may take a few minutes for the Mobile Antenna Setup Screen to display.
- Follow the steps on the screen
- If the 2-TV option has been checked during the receiver setup, the antenna will only view satellite 72.7.
The Pathway X2 will provide access to the channels available in your DISH programming package. Some channels, including international programming, RTN, local channels, and Regional Sports Networks, are subject to availability based on your geographical location.
Additionally, certain local channels and other programming are unavailable on satellite 72.7 when the Pathway X2 is used in 2-TV mode.
Adding DVR Functionality
You can add DVR functionality, including the ability to record and pause live TV, by attaching your own USB external hard drive to the USB port on the back of the receiver. A one-time $40 service fee will apply. For more information on external hard drives, visit mydish.com/ehd.