How to Set Up the Pathway X1 and X2
Pathway models are self-aligning portable dishes powered by the coaxial connection to the Wally or 211 receivers.
The Pathway X1 model can receive satellites 119/110/129, and the Pathway X2 model can receive satellites 119/110/129 or 61.5/77/72.7.
Follow these simple steps to connect your Pathway and receiver(s):
- Connect one end of the supplied RG-6 coax cable to the "MAIN" port on the Pathway
- If using cables wired in the RV, they may already have an exterior portable satellite input that leads to the main cabinet for TV electronics where the receiver will go. The ports there may be labeled as "SAT in" port or "Portable SAT in".
- Place the Pathway in position outside where you have a clear line of sight
- Connect the other end of the RG-6 coax cable to the receiver
- If connecting directly to the receiver, use the SATELLITE IN port
- If using RV set up, connect your receiver to the internal electronic cabinet
- Connect your receiver to the TV
- Connect via HDMI cables, component cables, etc.
- Plug the TV and the receiver into power
- The receiver requires a 110 volt AC power source
- The Pathway draws power from the receiver through the coax cable
- If your TV is rated greater than 100 watts, it may require direct connection to the vehicle battery. If you are watching TV from your vehicle for more than a few hours, periodically run your vehicle to maintain battery life. Starting your vehicle may temporarily shut off power and require re-setup of the Pathway.
- For extended use, a portable power generator, power pack, or alternative accessory battery is recommended
- Make sure your TV is on the correct input to see the DISH picture
- The Portable/Mobile Antenna Setup Screen should display
- If this does not happen, connect the coaxial cable directly from the Pathway dish to your HD receiver and unplug the receiver’s power cable for 60 seconds before reconnecting. It may take a few minutes for the Mobile Antenna Setup Screen to display.
- Follow the steps on the screen
- If the 2-TV option has been checked during the receiver setup, the antenna will only view satellite 72.7.
The Pathway will provide access to the channels available in your DISH programming package. Some channels, including international programming, RTN, local channels, and Regional Sports Networks, are subject to availability based on your geographical location.
Additionally, certain local channels and other programming are unavailable on satellite 72.7 when the Pathway is used in 2-TV mode.
Adding DVR Functionality
You can add DVR functionality, including the ability to record and pause live TV, by attaching your own USB external hard drive to the USB port on the back of the receiver. A one-time $40 service fee will apply. For more information on external hard drives, visit mydish.com/ehd.
Pathway User Manuals