Staying on the Correct TV Input or Channel
Your TV needs to remain on the correct input or channel to watch your DISH service. If your TV is not on the correct input or channel,your TV may display a black, blue, or snowy screen, depending on yourTV.
How You Might Get On the Wrong Input or Channel:
- Changing the input on your TV to operate a DVD player or video game system
- Changing your TV input or channel using your TV remote or the TV itself
- Pressing the INPUT or CHANNEL buttons with your DISH remote when you are not in SAT mode
- Power outage causing your TVs to get off the correct channel or input
Fixing a Black, Blue, or Snowy Screen
|1.||Get your TV back ON the correct input or channel:|
If TV1: Cycle your TV through its inputs by pressing the INPUT, SOURCE, or TV/VIDEO button on your TV remote or the TV itself.
If the picture is not restored, change your TV to channel 3 or 4 using your TV remote or the TV itself.
- OR -
If TV2: Tune your TV to channel 60 or 73 using the buttons on your TV remote orthe TV itself.
|2.||Once your TV picture is restored, press and release the SAT mode button on your DISH remote to ensure you’re in the proper mode for controlling your receiver.|
There are three ways to change channels on your receiver.
|1.||Type a channel number using the number buttons on the keypad.|
|2.||Press and release the CHANNEL UP/DOWN buttons.|
|3.||Use the Program Guide|
|3a.||Press and release the GUIDE button.|
|3b.||Press and release the CHANNEL UP/DOWN or the PAGE UP/DOWN buttons to highlight the channel you want to watch.|
|3c.||Press and release the SELECT button.|
Selecting a Favorites List
For your convenience, three Favorites Lists have been pre-programmed:
All Chan – Displays all DISH channels
All Sub – Displays all channels you subscribe to
All HD – Displays all HD channels available
|1.||Press and release the GUIDE button until the Favorite List Options screen appears.|
|2.||Press and release the CHANNEL UP/DOWN buttons to choose the Favorites List you would like to see, then press and release the SELECT button.|
Exiting On-Screen Menus
To exit an on-screen menu, press and release the VIEW LIVE TV button
Setting Closed Captioning:
- Press and release the MENU button and then select “Preferences.”
- Select “Closed Caption.”
- Select “Caption On/Off.”
- Select “CC is On.”
- Select “Done.”
75% of all technical problems that an agent can help you with can be solved by following these five easy steps:
- Make sure your DISH remote is in SAT mode.
- Make sure your TV is on the correct input/channel.
- Make sure you’re on the correct Favorites List.
- Check for anything obstructing the signal to your satellite dish, such as tree branches, severe rain, or snow build-up. If it is safe to do so, remove the obstruction or wait for it to pass.
- Reset your receiver by unplugging it from the wall for 10 seconds. Plug it back in and turn it back on.