Amazon Alexa pairs with the Hopper or Wally™ to let you control your TV without touching your remote. Get Amazon Alexa for your home at Amazon.com.
Download the DISH Skills at www.amazon.com/alexaskills
"Alexa, watch America's Got Talent."
"Alexa, page up. Alexa, page down."
"Alexa, watch Modern Family."
"Alexa, go to Channel 120."
"Alexa, pause. Alexa, resume."
Change the Channel
Change the channel by using a specific channel name or the channel number. Try saying:
- “Alexa, tune to ESPN.”
- “Alexa, go to Channel 140.”
Play a DVR Recording
If you have something recorded to your DVR, Alexa can play it for you. To play an event stored on your DVR, just say:
- “Alexa, play Master Chef.”
Search the Guide
Use your voice to look for a show, an actor, or a genre. Find something specific with commands like:
- “Alexa, search for Fear the Walking Dead.”
- “Alexa, show me Tom Hanks movies.”
- “Alexa, search for western movies.”
For the ultimate hands-free experience, use Alexa to do things like fast forward, rewind, play, pause, and more. Just say:
- “Alexa, fast forward” or “Alexa, rewind.”
- “Alexa, pause,” “Alexa, resume,” or “Alexa, play.”
- “Alexa, skip forward.” (30-second default skip, maximum of 3 minutes)
- “Alexa, fast forward.” (10-second default skip)
More features will be coming soon, to give you even more hands-free control over your Hopper or Wally!
One. Two. Three. Control TV.
Pair Amazon Alexa with your DISH Hopper® or Wally for hands-free control of your TV. Connecting couldn’t be easier! See the step-by-step process.
Connect your Hopper or Wally to the internet.
Enable DISH TV in the Alexa App.
Pair your Hopper or Wally with Amazon Alexa.
Alexa integration requires internet-connected Hopper or Wally and Alexa-enabled device with Amazon account.