FREE DVR STORAGE.
Once you add an External Hard Drive to your DVR, you have the ability to transfer recordings from one HD DVR receiver on your account to another, or you can store your favorite shows and movies on your External Hard Drive to free up your DVR storage space. This feature is free and makes upgrading your TV experience easy and affordable.
ADD DVR SERVICE.
An external hard drive can also be used to turn your HD receiver into an HD DVR. Once you purchase an external hard drive, call us to activate it and add the “External Hard Drive DVR Service” to your account. A one-time $40 Activation fee applies.
Compatible HD DVR receivers include ViP 612, 622, 722, 722k, 922, and Hopper.
Compatible HD receivers that can be converted into an HD DVR with an external hard drive include the ViP 211, 211k, 211z or DISH 411.
To determine if you have a compatible receiver, check the model name on the front of your receiver or go to mydish.com/myequipment.
COMPATIBLE HARD DRIVES.
While most major manufacturers' external hard drives are compatible, keep in mind the following guidelines when purchasing an external hard drive:
- When using an external hard drive with a ViP 612, 622, 722, 722k, 922, or Hopper, the drive should be no smaller than 50 GB and no larger than 2 TB.
- When using an external hard drive with a ViP 211, 211k, 211z or DISH 411, the drive should be no smaller than 50 GB and no larger than 2 TB.
- The external hard drive must have its own power supply.
- The external hard drive must support USB 2.0.
- The external hard drive must not use flash memory and should only be a single-hard disk drive.