|Standard Work||Custom Work1|
- Receive order confirmation email with appointment date and arrival window (if accurate email is provided).
- Receive reminder call the evening prior to the appointment.
- Receive an updated arrival time by phone on day of appointment.
|2||Review Order and Setup Plan|
- Review the order and setup plan with the DISH Network technician at the start of appointment, prior to the start of any installation work.
|3||Set Up Dish|
- Dish will be mounted on outside wall, balcony or roof to achieve best line of sight (dish must generally face to the south).
- Dish will be mounted on pole (up to five feet) if necessary. A second appointment would be required after utility lines are marked.
- Bury more than 50' of cable for pole mount or other purposes (as measured from dish to point of entry into home).
- Relocate dish due to request (aesthetics, new roof, construction, etc.) after setup and appointment is complete.
|4||Set Up Wiring|
- DISH-approved RG-5 coax cable will be run from dish to receiver(s) up to 150'.
- Once inside the home, cabling may be run through attics or unfinished basements to the receiver outlet.
- Any installed exposed cabling will be neatly dressed
- Run cable from dish to receiver(s) greater than 150'.
- Fishing cable beyond what is required to route cable from the attic/unfinished basement to the receiver outlet.
|5||Set Up DISH Receivers|
- Each receiver will be connected to one TV. If a Duo receiver is installed, each tuner will be connected to one TV.
- HD receiver will be connected to HD TV using HDMI cable.
- Receiver will be connected to broadband or phone line.
- Receivers will be activated.
- Mirror TV (connect more than one TV per tuner).
- Relocate receiver due to request (aesthetics, remodel, construction, etc.) after setup and appointment is complete.
- Re-cable to a relocated TV (moved based on aesthetics, remodel, construction, etc.) after setup and appointment is complete.
- Configure changes to home stereo system, custom remotes or other equipment (see Ancillary Services).
|6||Set Up Remote Controls|
- Each DISH remote control will be programmed to applicable DISH receiver and TV.
|7||Educate on Service|
- A Getting Started with DISH Guide, including 20 minute training will be provided.
- All work sites will be cleaned up, including removal of boxes and packaging.
- All paperwork will be reviewed.
If at the time of the appointment the technician determines that the work required to restore your system is due to the movement of a TV, receiver or dish, custom work charges may apply.