HOW THE SLING® ADAPTER WORKS
Connect your Hopper, ViP® 722 or 722k HD DuoDVR® to high-speed Internet service, and connect your Sling Adapter to your compatible DVR with the attached USB cable. Download our FREE DISH Anywhere app to your mobile device or go to dishanywhere.com from your computer. Start watching TV over an Internet connection at your convenience.
Find out more about how the Sling Adapter works.
DISH Anywhere app Instructions
Connect your ViP 722/722k HD DuoDVR®
or the Hopper to high-speed Internet service.
Attach your Sling®
Adapter to your DVR using the USB port.
Log into dishanywhere.com
on your computer, or download the DISH Anywhere app to your smartphone or tablet, and start watching live or recorded TV as you wish!
WHAT YOU NEED TO USE DISH ANYWHERE™
High-Speed Internet connection, the faster, the better
(Check your download and upload speed at www.speedtest.net or similar sites):
- Cable/DSL/Fiber Optic connection
- High speed download (at least 1.5 Mbps bandwidth; WAN or LAN)
- At least 150 Kbps upload bandwidth to power DISH Anywhere app
- At least 600 Kbps upload bandwidth (more is better) for DISH Anywhere Computer Browser
- LAN bandwidth of at least 3.0 Mbps
- Linksys WRT400N Simultaneous Dual-Band Wireless-N Router
- D-Link DGL-4500 Xtreme N Gaming Router
- D-Link EBR-2310 Ethernet Broadband Router
Hardware and Software Requirements for DISH Anywhere:
Minimum PC Requirements:
Minimum Mac Requirements:
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
- Pentium 4 class processor or equivalent with 256 MB of RAM
- Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher
- Firefox 16 or higher
- Chrome 5 or higher
If you are unsure of whether your web browser meets the minimum version requirements for the Sling Adapter, please visit the developer's website to download the latest version.
- Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) or 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
- Intel-based Mac with 2 GB of RAM
- Safari 5.0 or higher
- Firefox 19 or higher
- Chrome 25 or higher.
If you are unsure of your connection's ability to handle the remote viewing capabilities, please run our Connectivity Test Tool.